Whether you have been using Sage 300 for a long time or just new to the system the following tips will help you get more out of your system
1 Sage 300 Shortcut Keys
- Alt key (held down): Displays options for underlined letter short cuts.
- Alt+Underlined letter: Opens that particular command (ie. Alt+F opens File, Alt+S opens Save, etc).
- Tab: Advances through each data entry box in the order that they appear.
- Shift+Tab: Advances through each data entry box in reverse order.
- Ctrl+Tab: Selects between the various Tabs in a particular window.
- Ctrl+Shirt+Tab: Selects between the various Tabs in a particular window in reverse order.
- F1: Opens up the help page relevant to the page you are currently on.
- F4: Opens a pop-up calendar when your cursor is in a date entry field.
- Alt+F4: Closes your active window.
- F5: Opens up the finder for whatever data entry window your cursor is in (instead of clicking on the magnifying glass).
- F7: The same as the “Go Button” (the double blue arrows). Use this to populate available invoices etc.
- F9: Zoom in. Opens a second screen that shows you every data field on a line in one screen where no scrolling is required.
- PageUp, PageDown: Scrolls between records in fields with arrow navigation on either side (ie.order number, vendor number etc) .
- Crtl+PageUp, PageDown: Jump to the first or last record in a field.
- Insert:Begins a new detail line in screens like Invoice entry.
- + :Opens the calculator when your cursor is in an amount or quantity data field.
Functional shortcut for G/L:
- Go into G/L Batch List
- Highlight an Error batch ( entry )
- Go to the far-right column “No of errors”
- Double click on the error ( indicated in “no of errors column”)
- You should now be presented with a G/L Posting Journals report screen.
- Run the report.
- “Most Importantly” – You now no longer have to go to G/L Reports -> Posting Journals->Posting Journal errors in order to run the report.
- Therefore saving you time.
Functional shortcut for I/C:
- Go to “I/C Items and Price Lists”
- Open “Manufactures Items”
- Select an item in the “Item number field” i.e. A1-103/0 ( sample company )
- In the “Manufacturer’s Item number Field ” type “Lamp” and give it a ‘Description’ in the column next to it (on the RHS).
- When you now use any of the I/C,OE or PO modules and are asked to select and “Item No” ,you can just type “Lamp” and it will be replaced with item “A1-103/0”
- Therefore – If you performed this operation again for say item “A1-301/0” when you next get asked for an “Item No” and type the word “Lamp” you will be confronted with a group of items and you can then select the item you need.
Functional shortcut for Any Module:
Have you ever been in any entry screen and a rush job comes in ,and you are required to close what you are doing in order to use that screen for the rush job ?
- If you right click on any icon and select “Properties”
- There is a tick box next to “Start Multiple Copies”
- If you tick that box and “Ok” you will now be able to open that screen a second time without closing the one you are working on.
- Therefore saving time and effort.
Click here to Download a pdf copy of the shortcut keys
2 G/L Security by Segment or Account
Ever wanted to prevent users from using specific accounts, ranges of accounts or just an account segment ?
- Login as the admin user
- Open G/L setup-> G/L Options
- On the “Account” tab, Tick “Use G/L Security”
- Change the Default Access dropdown to “No Accounts”
- Close the company and log back in again.
- Under G/L Accounts you will now notice a new icon called “Account permissions”
- If you open the icon and select a Sage user you can now select Accounts or Segments to prevent that user from using.
Contact us at email@example.com for further information.