Getting more out of Advanced Selections
How to Use Advanced Selections to Speed Up Finding Data
The advanced selection option can be used to create custom filters which can be saved and reused. This helps users quickly filter the left list to reduce the amount of data and make it easier to locate the information they are searching for.
The best way to understand this is to use an example. Lets take a look at how to filter all the Invoices that have been entered Today in the Purchase Invoices Screen,
- Goto Purchases >Invoices>Invoices
- Click Advanced Selection
- Enter the following into the ” Expression Field”[F:PIH]CREDAT=date$
- To save the Advanced Selection for later use click on Memo and give it a code and description.
- Click OK
- When you close the Purchase Invoice Screen and go back in you will now see”Todays Entries”on the list
- When you click on it the Left list will now be filtered to show only invoices entered today.
- To clear the filters and see All Invoices click on “All”
Another Great one is to replace the expression with
[F:PIH]CREDAT=date$ and [F:PIH]CREUSR= GUSER this will create the filter for Date/User
[F:PIH]CREUSR= GUSER = User
Some other great tips are
- If marked as Global all user will be able to use this advanced selection
- If an Advanced Selection is Saved as name “STD” this will be the default filter applied when you access the screen.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Example of Filtering Purchase Invoices by Create Date
Want to know more!