Its a new year and support calls are coming in all with the same error when logging into the system.
Warning: the logical connection date is not the same as the date required for the connection. ENDDAT parameter is not authorized for connections with a logical date greater than 31/12/17.
“Warning: the logical connection date is not the same as the date required for the connection
ENDDAT parameter is not authorized for connections with a logical date greater than xx/xx/xx” when launching Sage ERP X3. This message is just a warning that at one point an ENDDAT was desired for this folder. Users will still be able to connect to the folder. In most situations, and End Date would not be necessary on a Production folder and can be set to a future date.
This warning occurs when the Folder ENDDAT is set to a date earlier than the server’s system date or the date entered in the Connection screen.
To prevent the warning from displaying, change the ENDDAT parameter on the folder(s) where this warning is occurring.
1. Open Parameters > General Parameters > Parameter Values
2. Double-click on the SUP (Supervisor) module then the Folder
3. Click on the folder name receiving the warning to display the SUP module parameters
4. Highlight the DEF (Default Values) row
5. Right-click and select the Detail
6. Change the ENDDAT (End Date) parameter to a value larger than the date displayed in the warning. NOTE: To prevent receiving this message every year, use a future date such as 12/31/2099.
7. Click the OK and then the Save button
Please note though that the ENDDAT is how far ahead you are allowed to post transactions. So if you want to have some control on that, it is good to not enter the date too far ahead and just to make a note of this as a step to do on the 31/12 each year.
Or simply align with your year end and put it on your year end tasks
Also the other date to check is DATDINDFT this defaults on the inquiry screens, the ENDDAT is the folder end date and this will stop all processing.
Hope this helps
Comments are closed.